TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2 Year Guarantee
Here’s a plain English version of our guarantee. If you are a lover of legalese, the technical bit follows at the bottom in the Terms & Conditions section. Fundamentally, our aim is to deal with any claim fairly. Willow Tree uses traditional manufacturing techniques and high quality materials in everything that we do. Our extensive product development, product testing and quality control along with our customer oriented approach mean that we can offer a range of long lasting guarantees for our collections. All of our items come with an automatic 2 year guarantee.
Fitted Kitchen & Laundry Cabinets
All Other Furniture
Accessories (including parasols)
Willow Tree’s guarantee is against manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship. It does not extend to:
• damage resulting from normal wear and tear or misuse;
• changing colour on exterior appearance; or
• change in or colour and colour fastness on fabrics which will change over time depending on storage conditions, natural light and other factors.
This plain English explanation of our guarantee is subject to the Terms & Conditions below.
Our network of accredited installers are all experienced carpenters before they take an in-depth training course at our Stonegate workshop, learning how best to work with our fully-framed solid timber cabinets so that their installation is skilfully carried out. The expertise of our installers, together with the outstanding quality of our cabinets, mean that we offer a full assurance guarantee on all our fitted kitchens. Your 2 year guarantee is already in place – we have all your details should you need us in the years to come.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• The guarantee applies to Willow Tree kitchens fitted by one of our accredited installers, booked through Willow Tree
• It is completely normal for the solid timber in your kitchen to shift and change slightly during the first few months as it adjusts to the humidity of your home – our Willow Tree will quickly and easily cover any timber movement, adjust any doors or deal with any other issues.
• If you experience problems after this final visit, call the store you purchased from and quote your name and postcode; we will happily work with you to solve any issues
WHAT DOES IT COVER?
• The structural integrity of our cabinets and their manufacture
• All hardware (hinges, handles etc.) – we simply replace old for new, by next day delivery
• The guarantee applies only to the original purchaser of the kitchen and is non-transferable
• We make sure that all our installers are fully insured, so your installation is covered by them personally
• Appliances, worktops and sinks are covered by their manufacturer’s guarantee (if any)
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
• The guarantee applies only to the original purchaser of the kitchen and is non-transferable. So for as long as you stay in your home you'll always be covered. But should you move house, sadly leaving your Willow Tree kitchen behind, the new owners won't be covered.
WHAT DOES IT NOT COVER?
• The guarantee does not cover damage resulting from normal wear and tear or misuse
• The guarantee does not cover fire or water damage
• The Willow Tree Workshop cannot be held responsible for any damage or problems caused if our care instructions have not been followed correctly or if the cabinets have been used abnormally
A note on rust: Our metal exterior furniture is treated with several coatings to help prevent surface rust. Nevertheless, day to day weathering and usage may lead to a deterioration in the protective layer which may result in some rust becoming visible. This surface rust is normally superficial and can be treated. You can therefore take steps to prevent or remove surface rusting and we do not cover this under the terms of our guarantee. We will be delighted to provide advice in this area to anyone who would like it. Any structural or manufacturing defects are of course still covered. Paint Colours: Paint colours are liable to change over time depending on various factors such as exposure to sunlight and moisture in the environment. Additionally, as our paint is produced using natural pigments and materials, there can be some colour variance across different batches. When more than one tin of the same colour is to be used, we therefore recommend that the tins are mixed together prior to use. Further, when redecorating a previously painted area, we recommend complete repainting rather than “spot” repairing for the most beautiful, consistent finish.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For any guarantee claim
1. Willow Tree requires proof of purchase.
2. The product must not have been misused or handled carelessly and must not have been will fully damaged, neglected or used in abnormal conditions.
3. The product must not have been modified, altered or transformed in any way and repairs must not have been attempted by anyone other than Willow Tree staff or a Willow Tree authorised technician, or in any way in contrast to Willow Tree advice.
4. Appropriate maintenance must have been carried out in accordance to Willow Tree care instructions. Willow Tree will not be responsible for any defects due to the application of any treatment product other than Willow Tree recommended products.
5. If a product has to be replaced and that particular product is no longer available, Willow Tree reserves the right to use an alternative similar product.
6. The cost of transportation of goods to be repaired or exchanged and the labour required to do this is covered for the first year only.
7. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
EXCLUSIONS TO THE GUARANTEE
8. The guarantee does not apply to usual wear and tear, meaning dents or scratches or normal deterioration that is caused by regular use.
9. The guarantee does not cover any deterioration due to the usual weathering process such as fading, cracking and splitting.
10. The guarantee does not apply to water and fire damage.
11. Products not produced by Willow Tree, e.g. Kitchen appliances, are not covered by the Willow Tree guarantee but by the product manufacturer’s guarantee (if applicable).
Your statutory rights are unaffected
* If registered within 3 months of purchase.
**Only if fitted by a Willow Tree approved installer.
Bespoke Kitchens & Furniture
MON-FRI: 1OAM - 4:30PM
SAT: BY APPOINTMENT
THE WILLOW TREE WORKSHOP
THE OLD FACTORY BUILDINGS
Copyright © The Willow Tree Workshop 2017. All rights reserved